IOT DEVICES FOR THE BUSY EXECUTIVE by VERONICA CHIARAVALLI
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing exponentially as the number of different devices grows on an ongoing basis.
It will not be long until we will all improve our lives and work with these devices that communicate with us in real-time.
There are several ways these devices can help you at work. According to the article ”8 Ways IoT Devices Can Improve Your Business Office”, written by James Parsons, you can try the following:
- Track maintenance with IoT printers.
- Enable intelligent lighting with smart bulbs.
- Use smart assistants for office awareness.
- Replace custodians with smart vacuums.
- Save on climate control with smart thermostats.
- Track equipment with IoT tagging.
- Use IoT sensors to heatmap your office.
- Keep productivity up with smart coffee machines.
Looking at the market in 2020 I’ve found the following information very useful when having to make a decision about incorporating these IoT devices:
1) IoT Printers save a lot of time and all the benefits that they offered are explained in the article ”The Internet of Printers – Cloud Printer Monitoring”;
2) The smart bulbs have gone a long way and you can get access to cheat sheets and links to kits, here the best smart bulbs for your smart home;
There are new products like the Nanoleaf Aurora that light up entire walls in your home or office. They are really beautiful and I think that they create a relaxing environment! It’s definitely nice after a hard day of work to sit in a room with these lights and listen to music or have dinner with your family.You can choose if you want it Alexa-enabled or not. To see pictures of the Nanoleaf Aurora and read more about the kits you can visit this link:
3) With intelligent assistants like Amazon Alexa for Business, you can make your bookings with voice commands and get other things organized in a smooth way.
Some commands that can be used are for example:
”Alexa, is this room booked?”.
”Alexa, who booked the room?”.
”Alexa, book the room”.
But that’s not all, Amazon says that ”With Alexa for Business, IT teams can build custom skills that add a voice interface to applications such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, or any of your custom apps and services.”
4) There are many IoT vacuum cleaners. Eufy RoboVac L70 Hybrid for example is Eufy’s first one with laser navigation and mapping. You can see the following video on YouTube which best shows how your daily life would improve with this type of vacuum cleaner;
5) CNET published an article talking about the best smart thermostats saying that ”Some smart thermostat systems also use smart features like a motion sensor to determine if you’re home or away and automatically change the temperature — both heating and cooling — for you”;
6) Regarding IoT Tagging, you can read more about it here;
7) There are many different types of sensors nowadays. For example, there are 5 IoT sensors that you can use daily;
8) Just imagine starting your coffee machine as soon as you wake up, without getting up from the bed. Some smart coffee machines to check out are:
Smarter SMCOF01-US: https://geni.us/icoffee
Hamilton Beach 49350: https://geni.us/coffeehamilton